Packaged DX for a School
This unit was built with a complete, on-board, packaged 410A refrigeration circuit including compressors, condensing section, DX coil, and Hot Gas Reheat. For winter heating, it also has an indirect gas-fired furnace. The components, plumbing, wiring, and controls for all these systems were installed at the factory. The unit was built for a school in Connecticut to provide year-round total air conditioning, and with the combination of energy recovery, 410A highpressure refrigerant, and airfoil blowers it is one of the most energy efficient units available.
- Model: XHS–30G–48–RT–BP– CD–HI–AC
- Supply cfm: 4,490
- Exhaust cfm: 4,280
- Built: July, 2008
- Weight: 8,000 lbs
- Energy Recovered: 209 MBH (Winter) 48 MBH (Summer)
- Design Conditions: 0 °F / 100% RH (Winter) 92 °F / 49% RH (Summer)
- An XLT Type H Aluminum Flat Plate Exchanger operates at 64% effectiveness under Winter Design Conditions and at 60% effectiveness in Summer.
- The Double Wall cabinet has an 18 gauge Painted Galvanealed Steel Exterior, 22 gauge Galvanized Interior, and 1½” thick Fiberglass Insulation. Frame is Welded Structural Steel.
- 16” Quiet Air Foil Plenum Blowers are belt driven by Premium Efficiency, NEMA Frame, ODP, motors (7.5 hp supply, 5 hp exhaust). The blowers are mounted on common frames and have 1” Seismic Spring isolators and Flexible Duct Connections.
- A packaged 410A DX circuit provides 286 MBH cooling and 70 MBH Hot-Gas Reheat.
- An Indirect Gas-Fired Furnace provides 400 MBH of winter heating capacity.
- Outside Air Shut-Off, Outside Air Face-and-Bypass, Recirculation, and Exhaust Air Backdraft Dampers and Actuators are included.
- Single Point Power Terminal Blocks, Main Disconnect, Protected Branch Circuits, and other electrical equipment are accessed in an Electrical Panel.
The XeteX unit featured on this page was built for an actual application. It is provided here to show our capability.