Flexibility in Pool Unit Design
This unit provides total air conditioning with energy recovery for a large health center and swimming pool facility. The entire interior, including drain pans and blowers, was coated with Heresite to protect it from the corrosive pool environment. The exchanger itself has corrosion resistant epoxy-coated plates and a powder-coated frame. In addition to corrosion resistance, the customer had several other custom requirements. To meet them, XeteX designed and built the unit with a cold water coil bypass damper and a preheat coil for exchanger frost control. The unit was then delivered ready for configuration by the customer’s controls contractor. In the end, XeteX was able to provide the flexibility to satisfy all the customer’s requirements.
- Model: PXHS–80–96–RT–BP–CW–HD–HW
- Supply cfm: 27,000
- Exhaust cfm: 27,000
- Built: December, 2008
- Weight: 26,500 lbs
- Energy Recovered: 2,307 MBH (Winter), 292 MBH (Summer)
- Design Conditions: –15 °F / 100% RH (Winter), 95 °F / 47% RH (Summer)
- An XLT Type H Aluminum Flat Plate Exchanger operates at 63% effectiveness under summer conditions and 83% under winter.
- The Double Wall cabinet has an 18 gauge Epoxy-Coated Galvannealed Steel Exterior, 22 gauge Galvanized Interior, and 2” thick Fiberglass Insulation. Frame is Welded Structural Steel.
- The 36” quiet Air Foil Plenum blowers are belt driven by Premium Efficient 40 hp (supply) and 30 hp (exhaust) motors.
- A Cold Water coil provides 900 MBH cooling and a Modulating Direct Fired Furnace
provides 1500 MBH heat. An additional Hot Water coil provides 797 MBH of pre-heat.
The XeteX unit featured on this page was built for an actual application. It is provided here to show our capability.