Complete Packaged Refrigeration and Energy Recovery
This was one of several units built by XeteX for a school in Connecticut. It incorporates energy recovery, heating, and refrigeration all in one package. The entire refrigeration circuit including the air cooled condensing section is contained within the unit, and all plumbing and wiring was done at the factory. The interior of the unit is also Heresite-coated to withstand the caustic pool environment. With a flat plate heat exchanger operating at up to 82.5% effectiveness, this one unit provides worry-free, year-round air conditioning while also minimizing operating cost.
- Model: PXHS–40–60–RT–BP–CD–HW–HG–ACCU
- Supply cfm: 19,950 (6,700 OA)
- Exhaust cfm: 8,700
- Built: September, 2008
- Weight: 14,500 lbs
- Energy Recovered: 474 MBH (Winter) 64 MBH (Summer)
- Design Conditions: 5 °F / 100% RH (Winter) 93 °F / 46% RH (Summer)
- An XLT Type H Epoxy Coated Aluminum Flat Plate Exchanger operates at 82.5% effectiveness under Winter Design Conditions and at 70% effectiveness in Summer.
- The Double Wall cabinet has an 18 gauge Painted Galvannealed Steel Exterior, 22 gauge Galvanized Interior, and 2” thick Fiberglass Insulation. Frame is Welded Structural Steel. Drain Pan is Heresite coated.
- Heresite coated 30” (Supply) and 20” (Return) Quiet Airfoil fans are controlled by VFDs and belt driven by Premium Efficiency TEFC motors (25 hp Supply, 10 hp Exhaust).
- Aluminum Mesh Filters are installed in both airstreams.
- Unit supplied with Hot Water Coil and DX cooling complete with Hot Gas Reheat, and Air Cooled Condensing Unit with all equipment, plumbing, wiring, and controls by XeteX.
The XeteX unit featured on this page was built for an actual application. It is provided here to show our capability.