A “Keep it Simple” Solution for a Healthcare Facility
This is one of two similar units installed in a Medical Building in MN. The two straightforward
units were designed to provide economical ventilation and DX cooling. Because the exhaust air volume is greater than
the supply air volume, the heat exchanger alone is also able to provide a significant amount of heating—without consuming any fuel it warms the air from –25 °F up to 42 °F even while in frost control mode. To comply with the facility’s requirements, this unit was also ETL listed.
- Model: XHS–30–60–RT–BP–CD
- Supply cfm: 4,700
- Exhaust cfm: 5,300
- Built: August 2005
- Weight: 4,400 lbs
- Energy Recovered: 371 MBH (Winter), 51 MBH (Summer)
- Design Conditions: –25 °F / 100% RH (Winter), 95 °F / 40% RH (Summer)
- An XLT Type H Epoxy Coated Aluminum Flat Plate Exchanger operates at 70% effectiveness under Winter Design Conditions and at 61% effectiveness in Summer.
- The Double Wall cabinet has an 18 gauge Enamel-Coated Galvannealed Steel Exterior, 20 gauge Galvanized Interior, and 2” thick Fiberglass Insulation. Frame is Welded Structural Steel. Bitumastic-Coated Drain Pan is Galvanized Steel.
- 13" BI DWDI Blowers are belt driven by NEMA Frame, TEFC, Premium Efficiency motors (5 hp supply, 5 hp exhaust). The blowers are mounted on spring isolated common frames and have Flexible Duct Connections.
- A DX Coil with Hot Gas Bypass provides 20 tons of cooling capacity.
- 2” MERV 8 (30/30) filters on both outdoor and return airstreams protect the unit from debris.
- Outside Air Shut-Off, Outside Air Face-and-Bypass, Return Air Recirculation, and Exhaust Air Backdraft Dampers and Actuators are included.
- Single Point Power Terminal Blocks, Main Disconnect, Protected Branch Circuits, and Exhaust blower VFD are accessed in an Electrical Panel. Full Temperature Operation for Economizer, Summer Recovery, and Frost Control are included.
- Unit is ETL Listed.
The XeteX unit featured on this page was built for an actual application. It is provided here to show our capability.