Energy Recovery Pre-Cools and Reheats Clubhouse Air
This unit was built for a golf pro shop and country club. The very humid summer air is precooled by the exchanger, practically down to saturation. A DX coil is then used to further cool and dehumidify the air, which is then passed through the other side of the exchanger for reheat. The heat removed by the exchanger from the outdoor air is thus reused, greatly reducing the load on the DX circuit. Additional reheat is provided by a hot gas bypass coil. Under winter conditions, heat is provided by an indirect gas-fired furnace. XeteX builds and installs all these components, including the air-cooled condensing section, at the factory. All plumping, wiring, and controls come packaged in one unit, ready to provide highly efficient total air conditioning.
- Model: DXH–40–78–RT–HI–AC
- Outdoor cfm: 10,000
- Supply cfm: 10,000
- Built: September, 2008
- Weight: 12,000 lbs
- Energy Recovered: 173 MBH (Pre-Cooling), 173 MBH (Reheat)
- Design Conditions: 1 °F / 100% RH (Winter), 84 °F / 63% RH (Summer)
- An XLT Type H Aluminum Flat Plate Exchanger brings the very humid outdoor air down to saturation and then provides reheat from 55 °F to 71 °F.
- The Double Wall cabinet has an 18 gauge Epoxy-Coated Galvannealed Steel Exterior, 22 gauge Galvanized Interior, and 2” thick Fiberglass Insulation. Frame is Welded Structural Steel.
- The quiet Air Foil Plenum blower is belt driven by a Premium Efficient 15 hp motor.
- A DX coil provides 487 MBH cooling and a Hot-Gas coil gives 106 MBH additional Reheat.
- An Indirect Gas-Fired Furnace provides 966 MBH of winter heating capacity.
- Unit is ETL listed and configured for outdoor installation.
The XeteX unit featured on this page was built for an actual application. It is provided here to show our capability.